Video Dog Training…
Video lessons work really well for dog training - sometimes it is hard to visualize exactly what you need to do in a certain training situation from reading instructions alone…
It’s clearer if somebody actually shows you, right?
I found this online video dog training program, and I thought you’d like to see it. I’m going to explain what the program is about and send you to some videos you can learn from right now.
The site is called “The Online Dog Trainer” by a professional trainer / dog behaviorist named “Doggy Dan”. You can view his website here.
Below is my short review of his course.
Here are the criteria I use for my reviews:
- The trainer must use humane methods and positive reinforcement.
- There should be MANY stories from happy users – does this stuff actually work? You shouldn’t just take my word for it.
- Is this trainer active on his website and in the dog training community? Does he answer questions he’s asked? Is he just some marketer out to make a buck with a low quality product, or does he actually want to help?
- Does this content cover the 3 most important aspects of Dog Training? (They are raising a puppy, training techniques, and fixing dog behavior problems.)
- Must offer a “no questions asked” 100% money back guarantee. This shows the trainer absolutely believes in the effectiveness of his/her course and also believes that you’ll be satisfied.
- Ease of use – The course must be available to download instantly, and be easy to navigate and use.
Using the above criteria, I’ve been very impressed with Doggy Dan’s program.
You can simply copy what Dan does on-screen, with your dog. He makes dog training simple to understand and it’s never boring.
For example, here are some videos featuring Dan you can learn from right now (links open in new windows):
How to keep your dog out of the kitchen / any other area in your house
How to stop your dog from chewing on the leash
He is very concise in his videos. He gets to the point fast, so that you don’t have to watch long boring videos on dog training theory all day.
This will have you learning the fundamentals of training within only a few minutes of watching his videos, and you’ll be teaching your dog new tricks and correcting his problem behaviors, possibly by tomorrow.
As I’ve said before, you are the best person in the world to train your dog because it makes your relationship better, and of course, it is MUCH cheaper than a personal dog trainer, which is also a big plus
What exactly will you get in this course?
Below is a screenshot of the main page of the member’s area. It is very simply laid out, and the main video explains exactly where to start on the site and how to start training your dog correctly. (Click to enlarge)
If you want to try out all these sections, Dan offers a 1$ trial, so that you can see all of the videos on the site for 3 days, for yourself.
As you can see, the menu bar features the 4 main areas, which have sub-menus:
- Pack Leader
- Puppy Training
- Dog Problems
- Dog Training
These are the main topic areas covered. Pack Leader features Dan’s 5 Golden Rules, which you’ll find can change your dog’s behaviour within only a few minutes of training (they automatically establish you as the ‘Pack Leader’ – which causes your dog to respect your wishes from now on), Puppy Training which discusses raising a puppy to be well-adjusted, Dog Problems which covers all sorts of problem behaviours, and Dog Training which covers more specific training methods for adult dogs.
Further down the page on the sidebar there is a section called “Everyday Tools and Techniques” which includes:
- Long Line
- Short Line
- Energy Meter
- Calm Freeze
- Step By Step
These are techniques that you will find yourself using every day to keep your dog well-behaved and happy… they are very useful, and his lessons are clear and concise, which makes them easy to learn.
There are also a few bonuses you get, which include:
- Audio training library
- 7 Secrets To Puppy Training Videos
- Vocal Commands Videos
- Forum membership
Some of the stuff in here is kind of repettitive (probably shouldn’t have been called a ‘bonus’) but some of it, including the Vocal Commands Videos, you’ll find very useful.
What problems does this course solve?
Well, having to read anymore dog training books, first of all
But the main things that I found solutions to are:
- The actions to should start taking right now that will convince your dog that you are the pack leader, such as deciding what is dangerous, doing everything on your terms and a few others (Dan’s 5 Golden Rules)
- Raising a puppy – getting started, making sure your puppy is healthy, solving behavioural issues, basic command training
- Solving your dog problems by considering dog psychology. Problems such as these will be solved quickly once you start to understand how dogs think.
- Jumping up
- Pulling on the leash
- Eating poop
- Jumping on furniture
- Separation Anxiety, and several others you may encounter.
- Further dog training issues such as: social implications of having more than one dog, dog safety, possession problems, calming signals
- Dog tricks (a few in the bonus section)
Who is this for / not for?
This program is for the average person who wants to learn more about how communicate with their dog, and how to train their dog with humane, positive training methods that will allow you to strengthen the relationship you and your dog have, and make sure your dog has few or no problems living in a human society for the rest of its life.
But one thing about it – there aren’t that many videos on dog tricks. It teaches you how to train your dog and how your dog’s mind works, but doesn’t have too many videos on tricks to teach your dog. Doggy Dan is a dog behaviorist, after all. This course aims more for teaching your dog discipline and showing you how to become the pack leader (which will make it easy to train your dog to do tricks, actually).
So when you learn how your dog thinks, you can always go elsewhere for specific tricks, or even invent some of your own.
There are tons of positive stories on the site from average dog owners who have used Dan’s videos to train their dogs – you can check out their stories on the page at the link below, if you like:
Click here to see the stories of other people using this course
This course also DOES offer a money back guarantee – I think up until 60 days. If you don’t like what you’re getting from the course, you can just send them a quick email and they’ll send you your money back.
Doggy Dan also answers lots of comments personally, provides frequently asked questions for every section on his site, and is very responsive in general.He primarily works with dog by profession, and he is based in Auckland, New Zealand.
Exactly how to get the course:
All you have to do to get the course is go through the link below, then scroll down to a button that says “Get access now” (There are a few of these buttons on the page) and you can get instant access.
Click here to get access to the course
After that, you’ll be forwarded to a secure form (which says ‘Clickbank Marketplace’ on it) to register.
After that, you’ll be forwarded a login / password and you will get access to the members section. Signup is very straightforward and simple.
And then you’ll be able to see the member’s section and start watching all the videos within only 2 or 3 minutes from now.
I hope you like it as much as I do. For now, keep enjoying your dog, and good luck!